If you want a cuddly pet, but can't stand the sniffles you get when you bury your face in that soft, sweet fur, hypoallergenic dogs might be the answer to your puppy prayers. Love it or hate it, most dogs shed and bark.It’s just what they do. But thankfully, some breeds shed very little hair, and some are generally more quiet than others.Are you looking for a calm dog that will not shed around your house? They are not so easy to find. Dogs are individuals. Even within the same litter, some puppies will be calm, others hyperactive.
There is no guarantee that any one dog will have a personality like most others in a breed, but if you choose a dog from this list you have a great chance of finding what you are looking for.
The Bichon Frise belongs to a group of bichon type dogs that includes breeds like the Havanese, Bolognese and Maltese. His winning personality, charm and beautifully white, puffy coat make him a one of a kind dog.Bred to be hypoallergenic, bichons are one of the American Kennel Club's top picks for allergy sufferers. Their name is French for "fluffy white dog," and it's the perfect descriptor for the cuddly little cotton balls. Their small size also makes them great for cozy living spaces.
The Miniature Schnauzer is a smart, trainable, and cheerful little dog that strongly resembles his Standard Schnauzer cousin. This Terrier sheds very little, and their adaptability makes them at home in the city or the country, as long as their people are close by. The most popular Schnauzer breed on the market, these astute watchdogs are like a pocket option for Schnauzer fans. They have the same serious expression as their larger counterparts, but in a smaller package.
Sweet-faced little Yorkies fit in purses and laps, but their small size packs a ton of attitude. Their fine hair has a texture that's more similar to humans' than other kinds of fur, so it won't make you sneeze. But groom-averse, beware: Yorkies do require regular brushing and maintenance to stay tangle-free and silky soft.The spunky and adventurous Yorkshire Terrier should not be judged by its size! Yorkies often don't perceive themselves as small dogs and can be quite willful. Originally bred to hunt rodents, Yorkies can make loyal and devoted companion pets. Their hypoallergenic coat also sheds little!
iPettie Ionic High Velocity Pet Hair Dryer 4.3HP, Stepless Adjustable Heating & Speed Dog Hair Dryer, Dog Hair Blower, Cat Dryer with LCD Digital Display Touch Control and 4 Nozzles
- Advanced Ions Generator Built-in Dog Blow Dryer - Our breakthrough is to use turbo to speed up transferring ten times more ions. Tens of millions of negative ions help to remove static, reduce frizz and make hair soft
- Acceptable Noise Level - If you choose a high velocity dryer for dogs, lound noisy may be inevitable. Good news is that our quiet pet dryer generate as little noise as possible and will not make a sharp sound.
- 5 Wind Speeds (25M/S-75M/S) & Precise Heat Adjustment (95°F-140°, 35℃-60℃) on the Advanced LCD Touch Screen - The upgraded 4.3HP/3200W dog dryer blower provides powerful airflow and fast drying
- Comes with 4 Different Nozzles - Make different shapes with our pet blow dryer and satisfy all drying demands for all breeds of dogs and cats
- Originating from the Friendly Design - Premium Insulated body to insulate the heat, built-in temperature control protection system, comfortable insulated and non-slip handle for flexible operation, detachable rear filter for easy cleaning and a flexible hose (extends up to 90 inches)
Shih Tzu were bred to be house pets, and their gentle, trusting nature makes them exceptional companions.Shih Tzu dogs are both loyal and friendly, and they happen to be one of the small dogs that don't shed. The Shih Tzu coat does not shed, with the hair only falling out when brushed or broken. The Shih Tzu is another breed with a long pedigree. The favored house pet of the Tang Dynasty, these “little lions dogs” come in a variety of colors and patterns. Their long, silky hair is very low-shedding and looks exceptionally regal when brushed out, befitting their royal ancestry.
Maltese have charmed their human counterparts for three millennia. Averaging a teeny-tiny seven pounds, the ancient Greek breed basically defines the concept of "lap dog."This ancient dog of Malta has not changed much over the past 28 centuries, perhaps in part because their long, white coats shed very little, making them an ideal lap dog. They make for amazing apartment dogs and an easy companion for first-time pet owners.
The lavishly coated Lhasa Apso is a thousand-year-old breed who served as sentinels at palaces and monasteries isolated high in the Himalayas. Smart, confident, and complex, Lhasas are family comedians but regally aloof with strangers.This small dog breed from Tibet makes an excellent companion. Calm yet playful, the Lhasa Apso enjoys brisk walks and resting in their owner’s lap. Lhasa Apsos don’t shed, but their coats do require maintenance. Many owners keep their Lhasa Apsos clipped in a “puppy cut” to avoid daily grooming and brushing of their long hair.
Basenjis might be small in appearance, and they don't bark much, but don't let that fool you. For people who love hounds but don’t enjoy their distinctive odor and shedding habits, the Basenji might be the perfect small dog breed. They were originally bred as hunters in Africa, and they're one of the most intelligent, courageous dogs out there. Not to mention, surprisingly powerful for their size! Basenjis are considered a low shedding breed. So Basenjis are well suited to anyone looking for a quiet, low maintenance and low shedding breed.Basenjis are also famously quiet, which makes them an ideal dog for apartments – as long as they get daily exercise and playtime.
iPettie Pet Hair Dryer, Quiet, 2 Heat Settings & Portable Dog Dryer with Slicker Brush, Professional Home Grooming Furry Drying Blower for Short Straight Hair Cat Dog, Narrow Gap Slicker Brush
- 【Drying While Grooming】Are you always struggled to dry and brush pet’s hair at the same time after giving him/her a bath? iPettie pet dryer is the solution for you, You can easily remover matted hair and tangles from your pet’s coat while drying, thanks to the creative 2 in 1 design.
- 【Whisper-Quiet & 2 Heat Settings】Pets are terrified of the noise human hair dryer. Our dryer is whisper-quiet (<60 dB) and it won't scare your pets away. The dryer provides high and low heat. Choose the comfortable heat for your pet. *Note, this dryer uses a lower heat setting than a human hair dryer to protect your pet from getting burned.*
- 【Narrow Gap Brush】Better for pets with short straight hair. Specifically designed for small and medium-sized dogs/cats. The slicker brush is comprised of stainless steel soft pins, featuring a protected tip with a slight angle – allowing you to reach deeply to your pet’s undercoat without scratching the skin.
- 【Safe for Pets】The hairdryer will automatically power off when the temperature is too high. There is a filter cover at the bottom to block the hair. You can open the bottom and clean up the hair.
- 【Lightweight & Portable】This hairdryer dryer is compact, weighing only 13 ounces, making it easy to carry and to travel with. The ergonomic design also makes it easy to hold and use. Better than a human hair dryer, a great gift for pets lover, pet stylist, groomer, salon user.
iPettie: We bring you an amazing life with your pet.
*We hope to give you better ideas for your pet, but this information is not meant to be a substitute for veterinary care. Always follow the instructions provided by your veterinarian. If your pet feels bad, please take it to the veterinarian in time.